[mythtv-users] New forum to discuss MythTV

Braindead Braindead at diablops.com
Thu Jun 7 15:28:51 UTC 2007

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 08:03:12 +0100
"David Raine" <rainecc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/06/07, Steve Grummin <sf_cali at aemail4u.com> wrote:
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > There's a new forum that has been setup to discuss MythTV. The new
> > forum address is http://www.mythtvforum.com
>
> Nice idea, some folks people prefer using forums to mailing lists;
> search facilities, grouping by topic, etc. Over time, perhaps some of
> the experts will frequent there, too...

If you want to organize this list by thread, simply get a reader that can do that.  Google is a fine search facility.

I've never understood why anyone would want to use a web forum, for every byte of real information you end up transferring 100's of bytes of bloated HTML, graphics, etc.. Sure, most people aren't on dialup anymore, but that's no reason to waste bandwidth.  Same thing that happened with every windoze application out there, bloat bloat bloat.  Anybody remember how fast Wordstar was?.. ;-)

Oh.. the pritty pictures...oooh..

I'll stick with mailing lists when possible myself, but to each his own.