[mythtv-users] recording defects?

norman norman at littletank.org
Thu Jun 7 09:40:11 UTC 2007

< snip >

> Simple test. Take a typical and problem disk with you when you go to the
> store. Try to play them both. Surprisingly, the cheaper players did a
> better job than the pricy ones last time I looked. I no longer have a
> stand-alone dvd player as all tv's in the house are controlled by myth
> frontends and all my dvd's are on the backend as .iso files.

Thanks to you and Mike for your response. I would certainly do as you
suggest but this is not really practicable. In the first place I live
quite away from any reasonable stores and, secondly, I am physically
handicapped. Both of you talk about the cheaper player and I thought I
had bought a cheap player. It would be a great help if you could
indicate what you mean by a cheaper player.

Norman