[mythtv-users] Ahh - Evil xorg and modelines

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 09:22:38 UTC 2007

On 07/06/07, Damian Surr <damian at gingermagic.co.uk> wrote:
> Mark Kendall wrote:
> On 6/7/07, Damian Surr <damian at gingermagic.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for staying with my Steve!

It's hard to get a --logverbose 5 at the
> moment because the screen is
pretty scrambled at the command prompt without
> X with the new xorg.conf
file. Maybe I could boot up with the old default
> log file, close X swap
config files over and then run "startx -- -logverbose
> 5". That might work.

> Damian

Can you ssh in from another pc?

Mark

> Maybe, but I don't really know anything about that. My other machines on the
> network are all windows based until I sort this out. If it's straight
> forward I'm sure I could. What's your plan?

putty is a good ssh client for windows.

on your server make sure sshd is started.

or if your network is secure just use telnet (included as part of windows)