[mythtv-users] OT: 'Intelligent' router for home myth system?

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Jun 7 04:50:43 UTC 2007

migmog wrote:
>> You probably want to look into a Linksys NSLU2 (slug)...
>
> Aye. Only I want to be a wireless router as well - there's not enough
> holes in the slug to plug in all those ethernet cables ;-) Besides,
> I've already got a slug-equiv NAS box which works fine. I want to
> switch it off.

This sounds exactly like what I suggested on Dell's Ideastorm site.  See

http://www.ideastorm.com/article/show/66425/Develop_a_lightweight_integrated_routerWiFiFile_serverprint_server

Here's hoping someone starts selling such a box.

--
Peter Schachte              I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, [my child]
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you