[mythtv-users] Copy DVD to ISO from command line

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Jun 7 02:50:52 UTC 2007

On Jun 6, 2007, at 7:34 PM, Michelle Dupuis wrote:

> I've been to the WIKI and can't find answers to these questions
> (but online messages lead me to believe only k9copy could do this):
>
> 1. Can MythDVD RIP the full CD as an ISO...menus and all?
> 2. Can MythDVD output an ISO format without transcoding?
> 3. Can MythDVD be setup to RIP the whole DVD to ISO using a command
> line (i.e. one click from the menu)
>
> Thanks,
> Michelle

1. Yes
2. Yes

These options are obvious when you go to the Import DVD screen. In
fact, ISO is the default.

3. No idea. It's easier for me just to go to Import DVD and hit the 0
key to start it up. I can't imagine why you would need to kick it off
from a command prompt.

Regarding your next email, css stuff is not included with MythTV. I
imagine it's due to the fact that decss libraries are illegal in the
United States. If you'd like to install something on your system that
supports decrypting DVDs, you'll need to look for something that
allows that which is legal in whatever country where you are using
your system. I've seen some stuff online specifically how to do this
with MythTV, but I live in the United States so I'm not allowed to
install it.

-Brad