[mythtv-users] svn 0.21 trunk - can't compile mytharchive

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 01:01:01 UTC 2007

On 07/06/07, Rick <rbonafied at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running a mandriva 2007.1 system.  While attempting to compile the
> plugins, I get a slew of errors  when it hits mytharchive.  This only
> happens in the 0.21 trunk, but not the fixes branch.  A quick search of
> the tickets didn't show anything,  but I often need my eyes adjusted :)
>
> Any tips?

Before compiling the plugins, you need to 'make install' the MythTV
core to allow the plugins to link against the new MythTV libraries.
Have you done this? The errors:

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libmythavutil-0.20.so.0, needed by
/usr/local/mythtv.0.21/lib/libmythtv-0.20.so, not found (try using
-rpath or -rpath-link)

suggest you might not have done this, or the libraries are installed
in a directory that the plugin compilation does not know about. Does
the library exist in /usr/local/mythtv.0.21/lib/? Have you specified
your own custom install directory?

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: