[mythtv-users] Any DVB-T card that can be used with a VCR?

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Thu Jun 7 00:43:17 UTC 2007

> I have a DVICO DVB-T Plus and a Winfast DTV1000 T. Although they both
> accept a video input signal from the VCR that can be processed by MythTV
> they seem to rely on a direct connection between the VCR and the sound
> card for audio (the DVICO card includes an internal cable for the
> connection). The inevitable result is that, by the time MythTV has
> processed the video signal, the video and audio are out of synch.
>
> I would like to play video tapes and transfer them to DVD. Has anyone
> managed to do that? Ideally with one of the above cards but I am willing
> to buy a new DVB-T card to obtain this facillity.

I have the DVICO DVB-T Plus and I've done some testing capturing videos
from the VCR too the S-video & line-in on the soundcard and it seems too
work ok, Wish someone could get the internal pass-through cable working
for audio in linux, even though its sounds like it is working from the
posts from Chris Pascoe made on the 2006/02/05
http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~chrisp/Linux-DVB/DVICO/