[mythtv-users] No output from mythshutdown... Ubuntu 7.01 0.20 package release

Matt Poff matt.poff at headfirst.co.nz
Wed Jun 6 23:29:49 UTC 2007

Have been trying to get autowake/shutdown working with mythwelcome.
Mythwelcome seemed to be failing to execute or pass variables to the
backend so I have written a wake set Bash script which by-passes it
altogether, instead pulling the next scheduled wake up time, preroll and
startup times from the database and calculating the wake up time there.

Now I'm trying to configure things so the system will shutdown after
recording but at present mythwelcome is loading the front end after
autowake preventing the system shutting down. To troubleshoot I've run
"mythshutdown --startup" and "mythshutdown --status" off the command
line and get no output. Is this usual? if the application isn't running
that would certainly explain my initial problem. Could this be a
permissions issue? I'm certain that the mythtv user in the sudoer.tmp
list is configured to run this command.

The current set-up is as follows:

MYTH-SETUP:
Wakeup time format:    yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss
Set wakeuptime command:    sudo /usr/bin/MythWakeSet
Server Halt Command:    sudo shutdown -h -P now
Pre Shutdown check-command    mythshutdown --check

MYTHWELCOME --SETUP
nvram-wakeup Command:    mythshutdown --setwakeup $time
nvram-wakeup Restart
Command to reboot