[mythtv-users] ffmpeg quality for Flash Files

Bob Cottingham bobnvic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 21:51:12 UTC 2007

I'm going to resummarize and clarify the issues I'm having with flash
support for mythweb...

With the latest svn of mythweb (with storagegroup fixes) I have see
the following issues on the recording details page:

Clicking play on the flash video results in no video and ffmpeg is not
running. With the "2>/dev/null" removed from the ffmpeg command in
modules/stream/handler.pl I still get nothing in
/var/log/apache2/error.log.  If I run the command line in a terminal
it appears to run fine without any errors. I haven't tried running it
as my webserver user however.

A couple times I have managed to get one second of video that then
looped repeatedly, which really confuses things because I can't tell
what was different about those times.

The Direct Download link pops up a box (in Internet Explorer) to
download the file, however the name is a number designating the video
(not the video title) and the type is unknown file type. Again, a
couple times I have managed to see a proper title and file type and
size, however that is not typical and there are no errors in the logs.

Thanks for the help.

Bob