[mythtv-users] ffmpeg quality for Flash Files

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Jun 6 19:46:00 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 06/05/2007 02:57 PM, Bob Cottingham wrote:
>
>> recording directory). Now I don't get the error, but nothing happens
>> and there's no error at all now.

I am in the same situation, see below:

> What does your ffmpeg line look like in modules/stream/handler.pl?
>
> Have you tried running the ffmpeg command at the command line?
> /usr/bin/ffmpeg -y -i <recording filename> -s 320x240 -r 24 -f flv -ac 2
> -ar 11025 -ab 64k -b 256k /dev/stdout

When I run it as root I get data (well, gobbledegook, but data none the
less), but when su and run it as the apache user (nobody), I get:

Could not open '/dev/stdout'

Oddly enough, if I ssh in as nobody, I don't get that error...
> Do you have your ffmpeg compiled with mp3 support?

Yes.

I am running current SVN with the storagegroup fix. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Tom