[mythtv-users] recording defects?

norman norman at littletank.org
Wed Jun 6 19:40:50 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 19:29 +0100, John Pilkington wrote:
> Probably the simplest suggestion would be to record more slowly onto a
> good quality DVD-R and use the 'verify' setting.  If your player's
> reading is below par you might still have problems, of course, but it
> would give it a better chance.

My thanks to all of you who have responded to my dilemma. It looks as
though the answer is to get a better DVD player. The trouble is that
when one looks at the specs of DVD players there does not seem to be any
clue as to their ability to read DVD-R discs. They all say that they
read a list of DVDs including DVD-R. Mine does, but clearly, not good
enough.

Norman