[mythtv-users] How to mark a tuner as "never use to record"

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Jun 6 14:58:27 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 01:35:41AM -0400, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> info to link up to the scanned channels.  I have to keep changing that
> setting (and stopping the backend/recording in the process) as I go from
> usage mode to tinkering mode.  This is suboptimal.
>
> How can the be better achieved?

I don't currently know of way to leave an input completely configured
and be absolutely sure Myth won't try to use it.  It's on my list of
things to do, but there's no telling when I'll get to it.  What you
can do, however, is go into the input editor in mythtv-setup and lower
the "Input Priority" to a very low value.  This will cause the
scheduler to not use that input except in extreme cases.

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 06:09:23AM -0400, William Munson wrote:
> Only way I know is to create two mythconverg databases. One that is your
> real database and a testing database. Use mysqldump to dump your real
> database whenever you want to do testing. Drop the database and load
> your testing database for testing sessions. When done, drop and load
> your real database. Be sure to delete any recordings you make during

Why bother with dumping and reloading databases?  Just edit mc.sql to
create a new database with a new name.  Then, use a different
mysql.txt file to point Myth at the new database.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net