[mythtv-users] Diseqc problem with SG2100 rotor and MythTV

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Jun 6 14:54:32 UTC 2007

Gert-Jan de Boer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The rotor turns on its own scale to around 17.
> I have pointed the rotor so that 19.2 points to 19.2.
>
> Other programs work perfectly. I thought about moving the rotor but that
> just seems plain wrong ;-)

If I understand you correctly, there is a difference between what the
rotor scale says (and that is on the fixed portion I assume) and where
the antenna points.

If so, the antenna alignment relative to the base is off, since clearly
when the antenna points at 19.2 the scale should show 19.2. And it
appears that that error is just propagated down through the system.

But if not so, meaning that you input to 'gotox -d -19.2' (or whatever)
and *get* 19.2  then the rotor+antenna system is correctly aligned and
the error is elsewhere.

When using gotox what exactly do you input to get a clear signal from
the sat at 19.2?   'Gotox -d -19.2' or 'gotox -d -17.2'???

Geoff