[mythtv-users] Video (ripped dvd) supported formats

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Wed Jun 6 12:16:08 UTC 2007

Brad Patterson wrote:
> I can attest to what Anduin was saying about /foo/VIDEO_TS; as I tested
> this out last night on a bunch of different DVDs that I have ripped in
> different formats.  At first I had all of the VOB, IFO, BUP files in
> their own directory which carried the name of the movie.  When I did
> this, the video manager showed all of the individual files (as David
> said).  But then I created a new subdirectory called "VIDEO_TS" under
> the "foo" directory, and it worked like a charm!   After adding the
> VIDEO_TS subdirectory, I only saw a single entry in the video manager
> for each of the DVDs after that change.  I will mention, though, that
> the video manager seems to be case sensitive; as I found that it MUST be
> "VIDEO_TS" in all caps with the underscore separation and no other way;
> or it won't work.

Well I haven't tested it but if both you and Anduin are saying it's so
then it must be right.

I can't easily test because all my DVD's are now in iso format and I
have told myth to ignore all DVD filetypes bar iso.

> [Oh, and I AM talking about the video manager view and not the media
> browser (gallery) view.]

I think we all are now :)

It's good that Myth supports this and it sounds like the Internal player
does too.  Might play around with Xine to see how it behaves but I'm
pretty sure I'll stick to iso files, just seems easier for me

Dave