[mythtv-users] Hauppauge! Pvr-150 Support for MythTv Project?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 23:20:07 UTC 2007

On 6/5/07, Calvin Dodge <caldodge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/5/07, Lan Barnes <lan at falleagle.net> wrote:
>
> > I am the happy owner of 2 PVR-150s (FWIW, you only need one remote). I'd
> > buy another -- their prices are falling -- but the future, I am told, will
> > not allow analog tuning after 2009. This is hearsay, but has kept me in
> > the two-card configuration.
>
> I don't think that's a Hauppauge edict - rather, the FTC and/or
> Congress have decreed so.

It is from Congress (and FCC), not Hauppauge, but this should not
matter unless you are using these tuners to actually tune the station.
 The cable STB's as well as D->A converters you will be able to
purchase will presumably all have coax and s-video outs to connect to
the Hauppauge cards.  You just won't be able to tune OTA with them
(w/o using the converter that the government will happily subsidize
for you).