[mythtv-users] Hauppauge! Pvr-150 Support for MythTv Project?

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Tue Jun 5 21:45:05 UTC 2007

On Tue, June 5, 2007 12:55 pm, Mickey Chandler wrote:
> Daniel Agar wrote:
>> Personally I would avoid the PVR 500 right now, as the new samsung
>> tuners
>> they currently use are terrible.
>>
> About a year ago, I was forced to replace my PVR 500.  Then I read about
> the Samsung tuners and decided to hold off.
>
> As I recall, Hauppauge got an earful and went back to the Philips
> tuners.  At least when I finally did order the replacement, it had
> Philips tuners on it [Philips FQ1236A MK4 (idx 92, type 57)] and works
> wonderfully.  Unless they've gone back AGAIN to the Samsungs in the past
> few months, the PVR 500 should be safe.

I am the happy owner of 2 PVR-150s (FWIW, you only need one remote). I'd
buy another -- their prices are falling -- but the future, I am told, will
not allow analog tuning after 2009. This is hearsay, but has kept me in
the two-card configuration.

One problem with Myth is, I like it so much I keep wanting to do more ;-)

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer