[mythtv-users] Config data not saving in backend

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 20:39:56 UTC 2007

On 6/5/07, Ryan B Elliott <rbelliott at raytheon.com> wrote:

> I'm new to Linux, First try at setting up MythTV, etc. etc.
>
> I was following the instructions to install a frontend and backend on my
> Ubuntu 7.04 box at
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV_Feisty_Backend_Frontend_Desktop_O
>
> However, at the part where I need to setup the tuner in the backend
> configuration screens,
> it doesn't seem to be saving the settings.  I hit "new capture card", set
> the values, clicked "Finish",
> but nothing appears in the "Capture Cards" screen except the original three
> options (New Card,
> Delete all capture cards on mythbox, Delete all capture cards).  I was
> poking around the
> archives for this (mythtv-users) mailing list and found threads talking
> about things not being
> saved to a database, but nothing about the configuration settings.  Are
> these kinds of setting
> saved in the MySQL database, or are they stored in some files somewhere?

I think the only info saved in files is 1) how to find the database,
and 2) cached resized icons. The card info is definitely saved in the
database.

If you enter "video sources" info, does that get saved in the database?

If yes, then login to the database (using the mysql client) and verify
that the "capturecard" table is present.

If not, then you may have some problem with the mysql connection.

Calvin