[mythtv-users] Video (ripped dvd) supported formats

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Tue Jun 5 20:07:49 UTC 2007

> I have not messed around with the video manager plugin for mythtv yet,
> does it not handle directories well?  Do I need to have all of my ripped
> DVDs in ISO format and stored in one storage directory for the sake of
> mythtv?

Random_dir_name/foo.ifo will not work, Random_dir_name/VIDEO_TS/foo.ifo will
be Random_dir_name in the video manager.

> I tried to find more detailed info on the video plugin at the mythtv
> wiki and main website; but couldn't find much detail at all.

I don't wiki, I know I should, but I don't. I am very close to snapping and
adding what "[view mode] browses files" does but I'm not there yet.

There is a MythVideo plugin page:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythVideo

It contains useful information (and silliness) but isn't exhaustive. For
this, I blame every single person who has ever received an answer here, as
well as those who provide answers instead of a link to their wiki update.

--
Anduin Withers