[mythtv-users] ffmpeg quality for Flash Files

Bob Cottingham bobnvic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 18:57:41 UTC 2007

On 6/5/07, Bob Cottingham <bobnvic at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/5/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> > On 06/04/2007 08:12 PM, Bob Cottingham wrote:
> > > I updated to the latest svn and removed the "2>/dev/null" to try to
> > > troubleshoot my setup and found the following error in the logs:
> > >
> > > [Mon Jun 04 17:24:47 2007] [error] ModPerl::Util::exit: (120000) exit
> > > was called at modules/stream/handler.pl line 137Compilation failed in
> > > require at /var/www/mythweb/mythweb.pl line 60.\n
> >
> > That error would be output (on some systems--like yours and mine--at
> > least) because line 137 uses "exit" rather than "CORE::exit".  However,
> > line 137 is only executed if the ffmpeg call fails.  The error message
> > you should have gotten is "Can't do ffmpeg: /usr/bin/ffmpeg -y -i
> > <recording filename> -s 320x240 -r 24 -f flv -ac 2 -ar 11025 -ab 64k -b
> > 256k /dev/stdout |".
> >
> > So, reasons you may get that include:
> >    a) Your ffmpeg is installed in /usr/local/bin.  If so, "ln -s
> > /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg" should fix it.
> >    b) Your recording files are not accessible (in the proper location)
> > on your MythWeb server
> >    c) Your ffmpeg is expecting different arguments
> >    d) You removed too little/too much from the ffmpeg command line.
> >    e) Something else...  :)
>
> Thanks. You called it in a). I made the symlink and then got the same
> error, except at line 72 of the handler.pl file, which has the
> following line right before the exit:
>              "$basename does not exist in any recognized storage
> group directories for this host.";
>
> The problem is that I am running my webserver on a machine that is not
> a backend.  I don't know how it is referencing the file. The directory
> with the video recording is in the same location on the webserver (via
> nfs) as it is on the backend (/var/mythtv/tv). I installed mythweb on
> a backend machine temporarily and it did work. Any idea how to get
> around this?

I added the hostname for my webserver to the storagegroups table with
the dirname of /var/mythtv/tv (nfs mount of my masterbackend tv
recording directory). Now I don't get the error, but nothing happens
and there's no error at all now.

I know that this won't work for all recordings because I also have
slave backend which has its own storagegroup, but I know that the
recording that I am trying to play is on the master backend
storagegroup.

Bob