[mythtv-users] Xvmc

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 18:58:30 UTC 2007

Aran Cox wrote:
> Perhaps you know this already but I wouldn't use XvMC unless your
> machine is too slow to otherwise play back HD.  This is the
> conventional wisdom.  I just finally got an Athlon 62 X2 3600 and will
> never mess with XvMC again, ever.
>
> I don't think it's going to fix playback glitches for you anyway.
>
> Good luck though!
>
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 01:06:15PM -0400, Brian Walter wrote:

Yeah - I'm beginning to realize that.  Guess I'll go down other paths.
I'm dealing with both corrupted recordings (as evidenced by mplayer),
but, I think playback (at least via myth) compounds the little hiccups
in the file, and causes a bit of a cascade.

BTW - how does your cpus *do* on playback?  I was actually surprised to
see one at almost 100% and the other running around 80-90 .... this is
what lead me down the XvMC path to start with (I'm using Athalon 64 X2 3800)

Brian