[mythtv-users] Config data not saving in backend

Ryan B Elliott rbelliott at raytheon.com
Tue Jun 5 17:20:10 UTC 2007

I'm new to Linux, First try at setting up MythTV, etc. etc.

I was following the instructions to install a frontend and backend on my
Ubuntu 7.04 box at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV_Feisty_Backend_Frontend_Desktop_O

However, at the part where I need to setup the tuner in the backend
configuration screens,
it doesn't seem to be saving the settings.  I hit "new capture card", set
the values, clicked "Finish",
but nothing appears in the "Capture Cards" screen except the original
three options (New Card,
Delete all capture cards on mythbox, Delete all capture cards).  I was
poking around the
archives for this (mythtv-users) mailing list and found threads talking
about things not being
saved to a database, but nothing about the configuration settings.  Are
these kinds of setting
saved in the MySQL database, or are they stored in some files somewhere?