[mythtv-users] Best MythTV remote

John Williams williamsbyron at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 15:38:41 UTC 2007

On 6/5/07, Nik Martin [MythTv] <nik.martin+mythtv-users at gmail.com> wrote:

> Seems Buy.Com has the URC9910 RF based One For All remote on sale
> today for $27.00.  It's normally $69.00
>
> http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90106077&adid=17653&dcaid=17653

I actually just bought one before i saw this form the same sale. I can tell
you this remote is great. I don't think it has been the $69 they quote in
some time if ever, but it is a great remote. I have a duplicate of it and
have been using it with myth for about 2 years. It has a jumpre in it called
a jp1 jumper. It allows you to program it through a series of hacks the jp1
community has put together. It takes a bit to learn, not a lot, but it works
great. I am using this remote to emulate a IR keyboard I bought for use with
my myth box. It was trick to get the right codes, but it works flawlessly
and my wife and 8yr old daughter have no trouble with it.

I can't say it's as nice as the harmonys but is in a different league price
wise, is VERY configurable and has the RF capability if that means anyhting
to you.