[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 350 dvd playback no sound

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Tue Jun 5 13:49:00 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 20:01 -0700, robinlee_r at yahoo.com wrote:
> Update, got it to work with /dev/dsp and switching to "alsa" on the
> frontend sound setup  with muting the master mono, now I do get sound
> from the line out from the onboard card for Watch live TV, but still
> no sound for the DVD playback

Yeah, using ALSA is generally best: use "ALSA:default" for PCM and mixer
devices. You shouldn't need to mute anything to get sound output.
However, you may need to unmute or select the appropriate input to get
the sound from the PVR-350 to pass through.

For other applications like MythDVD, you need to make sure mixer
controls such as "PCM" and "Master" are not muted and are turned up high
enough. Unfortunately, I can't tell you exactly what the mixer settings
will be since they vary in different devices.

Have you checked the output of mythfrontend to look for error messages
relating to sound?
--
Jonathan Rogers <jonner at teegra.net>