[mythtv-users] differing volume levels

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 13:24:48 UTC 2007

I'm passing all audio through SPDIF and it works beautifully. I'm using the
internal player for pretty much everything right now. I'm wondering though,
what's the best way for me to deal with the differing volume levels between
TV, and videos? My wife and I keep forgetting to lower the volume when
firing up a video, and we jump out of our skin as we quickly fumble for the
pause and volume buttons on the remote.

Since I'm using passthrough, and my reciever is setting the volume, I cant
set it lower just for videos in myth, can I? There's no normalizing
compression feature of some sort that I'm overlooking, is there? How do
other's cope with this?
Thanks
-J