[mythtv-users] Aspect ratio problem due to fglrx ATI Driver ?

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Mon Jun 4 19:59:55 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 10:33 +0200, Rayene Ben Rayana wrote:
> Nobody to help me ? Or there's no way to shift the image down
> back ? :(
> Is there a way to emulate the "Fill" command otherwise ?
>
> I had too much problems with my ATI Radeon 9200SE (due to drivers).
> Should I buy an Nvidia ?
Every different video card seems to have its own advantages and
disadvantages. I've used both a Radeon 8500 and an Radeon 9600 for HDTV
successfully. I tried fglrx, but it seemed buggier than radeon and
looked terrible.

I've tried a Radeon 9000, which was unacceptable because it didn't seem
to be able to display large enough video overlay for HD video and
performed worse than the 8500 and 9600. It looks like your 9200SE may be
similar to the 9000, though I don't know if you need HD.
<URL:http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/ATIRadeon#head-aa07f1310fd8aaa9140e01a2f2c452d9bcfb984f>

More recently, I've tried a Nvidia FX-5200 and a 6600GT with the
proprietary driver. They do OK, but seem to have slightly lower quality
playback than the 9600, mainly resulting from timing and deinterlacing
problems.
--
Jonathan Rogers <jonner at teegra.net>