[mythtv-users] Mythtv filling up disk space?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 4 15:18:37 UTC 2007

Jonathan Seawright wrote:
> Well It has happened again... MythTV has filled up my diskspace
> somehow (on a 300GB HDD, the only one in my LVM) and I'm not sure what
> is causing it. Any ideas? (It couldn't be the recordings it does of
> LiveTV could it? I am referring to the ones that allow you to fast
> forward/rewind...)
>
> The problem seemed to start when I started ripping a dvd using an
> external program outside of MythTV's frontend (mythTV launched it)...
> I couldn't download any files...
>
> Does MythTV do logging somewhere? If so, I think that it could be
> logging so much that it fills up my drive?
>
> Completely consfused,
>
> Jonathan S. (I am running mythDora by the way.. :)

In mythtv setup you can set aside a minimum amount of space on your myth
drive. I have mine set to 10 GB so that I have room to create dvds and
.iso files which I then move to my videos folder.

Its also possible you are creating your dvds on the partition with your
operating system and don't have room to spare. Take a look at your
/var/log directory to see how much your logs are using. You may need to
enable log rotate to keep your logs in check.