[mythtv-users] ATI w/XvMC

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Mon Jun 4 13:42:20 UTC 2007

ATI supports motion compensation in hardware...but their proprietary linux
driver is a question mark.  (I've been through the release notes and can't
find mention of it).

I don't see an XvMC related .so file, but enabling XvMC in the front end
does improve playback (inconsistently)...

I know Nvidia drivers formally include XvMC, even an .so you can load from
the xorg.conf file.

-MD-