[mythtv-users] How do I fix my MythFrontend box?

Michael Williams gberz3 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 13:21:37 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I need to repair my MythFrontend.  Keep in mind this is *only* a
frontend.  The backend is downstairs.  I originally had it working,
then, like an idiot I tried to connect to a box over the internet.
When it didn't connect it quit responding.  It would never open
again.  I'm guessing because it was trying to connect but couldn't
and wasn't timing out (which leads to an entirely different
question:  why in the world aren't network apps written in more of a
threaded fashion?  I hate when they get stuck because they haven't
gotten a response.  at least time out in a timely fashion.  That
annoys me to no end.  Anywho, back to the main question. . .).

So, my question is, basically, how do I repair my MythFrontend?  So
far I've done the following to no avail:

1) completely uninstalled mysql-client, and mythtv-frontend
2) removed entire "/usr/share/mythtv" directory
3) reinstalled mythfrontend, mysql-client

. . .any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael