[mythtv-users] Database changes

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 10:44:27 UTC 2007

On 04/06/07, Ruud Boersma <ruud at claru.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any database changes between the last stable 0.20 and the svn
> 0.21?

Yes, there have been many updates between 0.20-fixes and current SVN
trunk. SVN trunk is currently at schema version 1191
(http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp)
whilst 0.20-fixes is at version 1160
(http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-20-fixes/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp)

> Or can I use my recent database with the svn?

You can always upgrade a database from an older version of MythTV to a
later version, but you cannot do this process in reverse (*) - once
you upgrade your version of MythTV, your database may no longer be
compatible with older versions. The upgrade process is automatic, but
it's always sensible to take a backup of the database before upgrading
to a newer version of MythTV.

(*) It may be possible to manually alter the database to reset tables
to their old settings in order to downgrade the DB schema, but this is
neither recommended nor supported.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: