[mythtv-users] Best MythTV remote

Ben Lancaster lists at benlancaster.co.uk
Mon Jun 4 08:05:34 UTC 2007

Matt Mossholder wrote:
> Hi everyone...
>
> 	Father's Day is approaching, and I've been asked what I'd like. I'm
> thinking that an improved remote may be the way to go. Currently, I am
> using a RadioShack RS15-2216 universal remote. This is just "OK", for
> me, but I would like something that plays a bit better with Myth (e.g.
> jump keys), and which works better with my stereo.
>
> 	Does anyone have any suggestions? What out there is making people
> happy?

Personally, I don't think you can go far wrong with the standard MS MCE
remote - you can program the on/off button to the same IR codes as your
TV, and the volume can be programmed to control an external amplifier
too. Added to that, it has shortcut keys to recordings, live tv, guide
and dvd menu, and it works out of the box with LIRC.

They're nicely priced too: I just picked one up in the UK for £15 (about
$30 I guess?).

Ben