[mythtv-users] Switch FC3 to Kubuntu Feisty, now HD is very jerky

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Mon Jun 4 04:40:08 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 08:46:44PM -0400, Joseph Caputo wrote:
> Brad-
>
> I'm very interested to hear how this works out for you, because I now
> have all my other boxen running Kubuntu Feisty & am considering
> changing my FE/BE over from FC3.
>
> As to your problem, maybe this thread will help:

> Apparently new versions of X.org enable the Composite extension by
> default, which causes the Xvideo overlay to be disabled on with some
> Nvidia drivers/cards.  Don't know if that's your problem, but it's
> worth a shot.

My xvinfo shows the nv17 video texture and nv05 video blitter and
xvideo seems to be working.   The use of  "useevents" seems to have
fixed the stutter and tearing issues for now, at least on mpeg2
videos.

Feisty is in general a good distribution.  And if you consider it
took me weeks to get Myth working for HDTV the first time on FC3
and a day (with some list help) to make it work on Feisty, that's
a pretty good sign.