[mythtv-users] Still can't figure out Avermedia AvertTV A180

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 03:23:20 UTC 2007

On 04/06/07, Marc Barrett <mnealbarrett at cox.net> wrote:
> >Has the card been autodetected correctly?
>
> I am thinking not, but I don't know what to do about it.  I am running Fedora 7.  I found this:
>
>    http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_saa7134
>
> According to this, the card type should be 75, but it is being autodetected as 0 (generic).  That's probably
> the problem, but again, I don't know what to do about it.  I tried "/sbin/modprobe saa7134-dvb card=75" but
> fedora's modprobe doesn't understand that extra "card=" parameter.

Run

# modinfo saa7134-dvb

You'll see which parameters the saa7134-dvb module can use. You'll
probably find that this module does not support the card parameter,
which should be used with the saa7134 modules to set the card up
initially. This is based on looking at the source for the saa7134-dvb
modules at http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/file/98e80288b44b/linux/drivers/media/video/saa7134/saa7134-dvb.c.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: