[mythtv-users] HDHomerun + USB Analog Tuner?

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Mon Jun 4 01:02:56 UTC 2007

 >The Plextor PX-TV402 works quite well with a USB connection, but it's a
 >bit pricey and the only mode Myth supports is MPEG4 (at least as of
 >0.19).

Having invested in an HDHomerun for HD, I'm reluctant to throw in
another $200 for a few SD expanded basic cable channels. To make it
worse Comcast is moving toward dropping the analog versions. I doubt
they will last a year (Comcast is already dropping them in Chicago).

Are there no drivers for any of the cheap analog usb stick tuners
(Kworld, PlusTV, Power Color, MSI, ...)?