[mythtv-users] Harmony 880 remote and pvr-150 receiver

Demond James maestronn at wowway.com
Sun Jun 3 15:51:45 UTC 2007

First let me explain what I'm trying to accomplish here.  I have the
Harmony 880 remote and have it programmed for the Hauppauge pvr-150 gray
remote.  However, I want have more buttons so that I can map more of
MythTv's features to the remote.  I know that there is the method of
using a IR keyboard and programming the remote with the keys but I want
to try to use my current setup which doesn't include a IR keyboard.

So my question is; does any one know of a Media Center PC device profile
on the Harmony remote (other than the Hauppauge remote) that can be read
by the pvr-150's ir receiver?  The pvr-150 was able to read the
Microsoft ZV1-00001 ir keyboard profile but apparently not very well as
irrecord kept using the same hex code for different buttons.  The other
keyboard profiles I've tried so far were not even recognized by the ir
receiver.

Has anyone been down this route before?
Thanks,
Demond