[mythtv-users] Why does Myth HD channel scan miss some frequencies that HDhomerun gets?

Dave Alverson davemyth at test.xetron.com
Sat Jun 2 23:56:39 UTC 2007

In article <4661F05F.9060807 at gmail.com>, Rick <rbonafied at gmail.com>
wrote:

> As an experiment, I upgraded to the trunk and tried the channel scan
> again.  It still missed this particular subchannel.  I then tried
> tweaking the channel table and placed the values in that I thought it
> should be.  Unfortunately, myth still couldn't tune it in.  Just to make
> sure I wasn't missing something, I went to my windows box and the
> hdhomerun_gui was able to tune it just fine.
>
> I guess at this point I should open up a defect since it seems the trunk
> won't be able to solve this problem.  Unless, of course, someone can
> give me a few more things to try.
>
> Rick

You should redo the channel scan with "mythtvsetup -v
record,channel,siparser > setup.log" and see what it says when scanning
that frequency.  You might want to do a delete scan, or delete your
manually added channel first.

Also, the work that is being done on channel scanning is in a branch, so
it will not show up in your trunk version.