[mythtv-users] VERY OT: Going to Linux.

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 21:36:29 UTC 2007

I first want to thank everyone for their replies.  I've convinced the wife
to try OOo on windows for now with the possibility of changing over to linux
permanently.  I just gotta figure out how to set it up so it saves default
M$Office doc format so her friends can read it.  Last time that's what
turned her off to it, because I didn't know you could set it up default, and
she just didn't remember to do save as and change the default.

I know off topic from this, but One thing, i have posted this to the forum
but no one seems to know, has anyone seen this problem with linux and
wireless (i went Ubuntu):
(If I scan with the wireless it does find my wireless node ESID properly)

sudo dhclient wlan0
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client V3.0.4
Copyright 2004-2006 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/

Listening on LPF/wlan0/00:0f:66:13:ae:d9
Sending on   LPF/wlan0/00:0f:66:13:ae:d9
Sending on   Socket/fallback
DHCPDISCOVER on wlan0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 7
bogus UDP packet length: 556
DHCPDISCOVER on wlan0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 8
bogus UDP packet length: 556
DHCPDISCOVER on wlan0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 11
bogus UDP packet length: 556
DHCPDISCOVER on wlan0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 5
bogus UDP packet length: 556
No DHCPOFFERS received.
No working leases in persistent database - sleeping.

Why is it trying on 255.255.255.255??
--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell