[mythtv-users] Difficulty getting HDHomeRun setup

Bob Diss rldiss at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 2 19:18:47 UTC 2007

> William Munson <william_munson at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> There you have my manual-matic way of setting up the
> database. Good luck, feel free to ask questions if
you
> get stuck.

THANK YOU!  I'm all set to begin poking rows into the
database.  A couple of questions, though, before I
begin:

1) I'm using the hdhomerun_config tool to scan
channels.  It produces output like this:

SCANNING: 747000000 (us-cable:116, us-irc:116)
LOCK: qam256 (ss=97 snq=90 seq=100)
PROGRAM: 1: 2.1 E3_1 WB
PROGRAM: 2: 11.2 E3_2 WT
PROGRAM: 3: 11.3 E3_3 WT
PROGRAM: 4: 1.4 E3_4 WT

Your instructions say to write down the qam channel,
transport frequency, and subtransport number for each
channel.  In my example above, would that be:

qam channel: 116
transport frequency: 747000000
subtransport number: 1 through 4 (PROGRAM #'s)

Is this correct?

2)  Your instructions tell me what to setup in the
"channel" table.  However, I don't know what to put in
the dtv_multiplex table, and I don't have any rows in
that table already.  It's columns:

mplexid: auto_increment
sourceid: videosource.sourceid for the digital lineup?
transportid: ???
networkid: ???
frequency: transport frequency (above)
inversion: default?
symbolrate: default?
fec: default?
polarity: default?
modulation: default?
bandwidth: default?
lp_code_rate: default?
transmission_mode: default?
guard_interval: default?
visible: 1
constellation: default?
hierarchy: default?
hp_code_rate: default?
sistandard: default?
serviceversion: default?
updatetimestamp: default?

3) channel.sourceid - is this the value from
videosource.sourceid?

TIA!

- Bob