[mythtv-users] Avermedia AverTV A180 help? Please?

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Sat Jun 2 13:19:03 UTC 2007

A few months back, I asked for recommendations for HDTV-capable capture cards that were well-supported by Linux.  Several people recommended the Avermedia AverTV A180; I found one for a really good price, so I bit.  I am still having some problems getting it set up under Linux, though.  (I use Fedora 6)  I've followed the instructions from several sites, copying the firmware to specified directories, etc.  No go, I just can't get it to show up in dmesg.  (It appears fine in lspci, though)

When I asked originally, a couple of people mentioned this card would work "out of the box".  If anyone has been able to get this card to work with their distribution with little or no configuring, could you let me know what distribution you are using?

-Marc Barrett