[mythtv-users] Why does Myth HD channel scan miss some frequencies that HDhomerun gets?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 1 23:48:00 UTC 2007

On 06/01/2007 06:38 PM, Rick wrote:
> Allrighty... so can anyone answer the questions posted in the original
> thread?
>
> An hdhomerun scan returns something like:
>
> SCANNING: 711000000 (us-cable:110, us-irc:110)
> LOCK: qam256 (ss=97 snq=100 seq=100)
> PROGRAM: 1: 57.1 WPSG-DT
> PROGRAM: 2: 0.0
>
> How would I convert that to the following mythtv channel fields?
> 	freqid
> 	tvformat
> 	mplexid
> 	serviceid
> 	atscrscid
> 	atsc_major_chan
> 	atsc_minor_chan

Oh, and in addition to mentioning Daniel's creating a new branch
specifically to improve channel scanning, I should have also mentioned
that Jarod Wilson spent days going through 0.20-fixes code and the
changes in SVN trunk to fix channel scanning for 0.20.1.  And, IIRC,
channel scanning for the HDHomeRun was one specific area he concentrated
on/tested/fixed.

So, my recommendation is to make sure you're running a current enough
version of 0.20-fixes.  (Jarod can probably provide a lot more info for
your.)

Mike