[mythtv-users] Any recomendations for a wireless keyboard

James Buckley xanium4332 at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 1 20:20:15 UTC 2007

On 01/06/07, Mike LaPlante <mike at dividia.net> wrote:

>  Adilson Oliveira wrote:

>  Consider getting a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse set. I personally like
> Logitech, but I can't say that I've tried too many other brands. I currently
> use an RF wireless Logitech I've had for years. The only downside to the RF
> wireless is that as my batteries get weaker I have to move the little
> receiver closer to my couch. So it eventually ends up stretched across the
> floor. A bluetooth set should have a much longer range, but will cost you a
> good bit more. Although newer RF models may have a longer range than mine
> 4-5 year old one.
>
> Mike

you can even buy the Microsoft MCE Keyboard. There's some drivers floating
around that allow it to work, the keyboard and mouse work as a normal HID
input device, and the extra MCE keys get passed to LIRC. I Wouldn't get it
unless your willing to get a little dirty with driver compilation, but
otherwise I like the keyboard a lot (however I don't really use the mouse
part). I'd read some reviews on it.