[mythtv-users] Problems when playing a video

Michael Ransburg michael.ransburg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 19:06:24 UTC 2007

> > Ok! It's getting really strange now.
> >
> > The same video as the one below plays _perfectly_ with:
> > mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo xv %s
> >
> > This is the command which mythtv uses it to play it.
> >
> > So, outside mythtv with the very same command --> perfect playback.
> > Inside mythtv --> No audio, with the errors indicated below.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Same user?  If not, check ~/.mplayer , especially ~/.mplayer/config and,
> if you have it there, ~/.mplayer/codecs.conf.

Hi Mike!

Yes - same user! Any other ideas? :-/.

The video looks fine, there is just no audio (with the error messages
about the overflow which I posted before). It's really strange,
because myhtfrontend simply calls mplayer with the file name right? Or
is there any other magic going on which might cause this behaviour?

Thanks,
Michael