[mythtv-users] Does the wireless version of Hauppauge Media MVP work?

David Segall david at segall.net
Fri Jun 1 17:17:06 UTC 2007

Brett Kosinski wrote:
>     I am running 802.11g. The current MythTV combined front and back end box
>     has only a wireless connection but a Linux front end and MythTv Player
>     both run flawlessly on other computers in my network.
>

> Nice!  I've toyed with the idea of g, but with three floors, I've been
> concerned about signal attentuation, so I've never taken the leap.
I think your concern is justified. My router and the MythTV box wireless
card are both from the same stable (D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G), are only
about 1l metres apart and only have two walls separating them. Even then
it made a significant difference when I moved the router from the floor
to a shelf about half a metre higher. I was confident that the wireless
communication between the Media MVP and my network would not cause a
problem because the router and the Media MVP will be in adjacent rooms.