[mythtv-users] MythVideo - How can I get digital surround sound....

Craig Lovold craig at lovolds.com
Fri Jun 1 16:24:11 UTC 2007

I've had my MythTV setup (1 backend, 4 frontend boxes) working
beautifully in my house for a couple years now but I have been unable to
get Dolby Digital output.

Two of my frontend boxes have ChainTech AV710 cards and are hooked up to
Dolby Digital capable preamps, I do not use any analog outputs, strictly
digital optical connection to the preamp.  For movie playback I use Xine.

Recorded shows and movies playback fine in 2-channel, but if I try
 to use a passthrough setting and tell Xine to use automatic passthrough
mode it says that the device is busy.

Why is it so hard to just get an AC3 passthrough to work?

Anybody have a system like this working?

Thanks,

Craig L.