[mythtv-users] mytharchive

norman norman at littletank.org
Fri Jun 1 09:20:11 UTC 2007

> You said you saw nothing in the log window.  Mine starts immediately,
> but the iso file appears (with some luck) perhaps an hour later.  Do
> you, as user mythtv, have permission to write to your var directory?  I
> don't.

Thank you for your patience and help. You were right about access to the
var directory. I put a folder on the desktop, put in the path and now
everything seems to work as it should. Even the vertical indicator. It
is a pity that computers can't speak and tell us what is wrong or, even
better, put it right themselves. (Perhaps they do tell me but I cannot
understand).

One last question, I hope. I believe it is possible to use the computer
while the DVD recording and .iso formation go on in the background. Does
this mean that mythtv may be exited to provide a clear monitor?

Thanks again.

Norman