[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup: cannot import channels.conf

Bob Diss rldiss at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 01:05:16 UTC 2007

Hi all!  I've got a brand-new HDHomeRun that I'm
trying to get functioning.  The channel scanning in
MythTV (latest ATrpms .20-fixes release) does not seem
to function, so I'm attempting to import my own
hand-created channels.conf.  As a test, I'm importing
a file with only one channel.  It looks like this:

UNKDT52:747000000:QAM_256:0:0:1

When I do so, I get the following errors from
mythtv-setup:

Imported channel: UNKDT52 1 -1  on 747000000 qam_256 a
auto auto auto auto auto auto a v
HDHRChan(10111032/0): device found at address
192.168.15.100
DVBTuning Error: Invalid symbol rate parameter '0',
aborting.

What does that mean?  How can I work around it?  Is
there a better way to get my HDHR up and running
(perhaps a trick to make channel scanning work
correct)?  Should I be resorting to stuffing entries
into the database directly, and if so, how?