[mythtv-users] Random mythbackend exits

Leighton Brough brough at baremetalsoft.com
Tue Jul 31 11:45:06 UTC 2007

Steve MacLaren wrote:
> On 7/26/07, *Peter Schachte* <schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
> <mailto:schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au>> wrote:
>     Phil Figgins wrote:
>     > My current "fix" when the wife & kids say "the tv's broke again"
>     is to fire
>     > up TeraTerm and run "/etc/init.d/mythbackend restart". The stop
>     of the
>     > mythbackend service fails each time since it's already dead.
Sorry about the slow reply to this thread (I've had other fish to fry
lately and haven't kept up with the list).

I've also had occasional backend crashes. I finally realised last night
that this only ever happens after I exit playback of a recording which
has been paused for a long time (typically more than 1 hour). Or more
correctly, I notice after exiting the recording that the backend has
crashed - often sometime before, when another scheduled recording starts
perhaps. Otherwise I don't see any backend crashes.

I wonder if others have noticed a similar symptom?