[mythtv-users] Mythtv Backend Init Script?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 11:42:00 UTC 2007

On 31/07/07, John Pierce <john.j35 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The stock script works fine on redhat/fedora (at least on core 6 anyway
> > - and has worked since redhat 9 days).  What problems are you having?
> > Are you trying to run mythbackend as a normal user and not root?  If so,
> > the list archives have some detailed messages on why it is just easier
> > to run mythbackend as root.
> >
> Running it as root.
>
> I did chkconfig mythbackend on
>
> service mythbackend start
>
> and there is no backend to connect to.
>
> Ok, I just answered my own question.
>
> I remember seeing something in one of the google results about the
> /mysql.txt file and it's perms.
>
> I made a mysql.txt file in / and now it starts and runs.

The most current version of the Fedora init scripts are available from:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/init_scripts

There have been some changes recently to the scripts to add pidfile
support and make them more useful generally.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/