[mythtv-users] Power outages and UPSs

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Jul 31 07:34:33 UTC 2007

    > Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:08:47 +0200 (CEST)
    > From: "F Peeters (MythTV)" <francesco at fampeeters.com>

    > And of course everybody missed the obvious problem here! *sigh*
    > *Must* I point out the obvious?

    > What happens if lightning strikes your dish, eh? *sheesh*

    > (*Takes tongue out of cheek*)

You surround your dish with a faraday cage to protect it from the lightning!

(I kid you not, back in the days when engine-control computers and
cellular phones were both somewhat new, I know of a case where a
customer who complained to his dealer that his phone killed the car's
engine was told, "Shield the phone's antenna.")