[mythtv-users] Mythtv Backend Init Script?

David George david at thegeorges.us
Tue Jul 31 04:37:21 UTC 2007

On 07/31/2007 12:22 AM, John Pierce wrote:
> Ok, I have googled around for the last 4 hours or so looking for the
> way to modify the mythbackend init script to work on fedora7.
>
> I have found numerous posts indicating that the stock script does not
> work on redhat/fedora, but I have not been able to find any indication
> of what I need to do to change it so that it will work.
>
> Can somebody point me to a place to fix this, or if someone has one
> that works please email it to me.  Off list will be fine.
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.

The stock script works fine on redhat/fedora (at least on core 6 anyway
- and has worked since redhat 9 days).  What problems are you having?
Are you trying to run mythbackend as a normal user and not root?  If so,
the list archives have some detailed messages on why it is just easier
to run mythbackend as root.

--
David