[mythtv-users] Any hope for 1080i content at 1080i with nVidia?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 30 02:17:25 UTC 2007

>From: Doug Larrick
>
>Seconded.  You really want a 1920x540p mode so you're not discarding
>horizontal resolution:
>
>http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2004-July/049482.html
>
>That, coupled with bob deinterlacing, should give you as good a 1080i
>picture as you're able to get.
>
>-Doug

Here's where I'm at so far in trying to get this to work:

I can get 540p working using the 540p Modeline from that link you supplied.
It won't let me use bob deinterlaceing however.  I get this:

2007-07-29 21:54:55.895 Video sync method can't support double framerate
(refresh rate too low for bob deint)

This, by the way has always been the case with my 1080i mode as well...I've
always used kernel deinterlace.  To be honest, my existing 1080i seems to
look better than that 540p mode does.

If I use the 540pw Modeline from that link, it allows me to use bob but I
have another issue:  When I watch TV the picture is compressed into the
middle 50% of the screen with wide black bars to the left and right.

Any idea what might cause either of those?  Thanks.

Tom